Sunday, April 13, 2008

777 - The Saga Begins...

Hi All!
Welcome back to my blog! It's been hibernation for a while, but consider this the ressurection! While you may have previously been accustomed to receiving travel journals from me, I got a bit bored of writing them (and I'm sure you got a bit tired of reading the A,B,C's of what I did on holiday), so about six months ago, I decided to try my hand at fiction! After a crazy group holiday in Costa Rica (there was about 16 of us!), I thought why not fictionalise the events that transpired and see where it leads? Well, the story has since grown wings of it's own, so now I present to you 777 - The Saga Begins...

So what's this story about exactly? Well, keep visiting my blog to find out! Starting today, I will be posting 1 part of the Quintology every week on Sunday! I must warn you, one of my television staple foods is the show "Lost", and I would say my approach to this story is very similar to the story-telling approach used in Lost - as the story unravels, there are generally more questions posed to you than the answers to previous mysteries that you'd be searching for! Some of my other influences from TV include shows like Alias, Heroes, and 24, so also watch out for similar themes in the 777 tale as the saga unravels...

4 parts of the 5-part story have already been published in the January to April editions of Outflow, the monthly magazine for Jesus House. For my Outflow readers, who would surely be logging on today to catch the final part, please be patient! Come back in a month when the final part will be released (expected release date 11May08)! In the meantime, join us on the ride if you missed any parts, and please feel free to post your comments after each posting here. (NO SPOILERS ON FUTURE EDITIONS PLEASE!)

For everyone else, please fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride!!! 777 will form the basis of a book idea I've love to explore in the future, so please drop your comments as we go along - your feedback would be invaluable!

No comments: